Tingira Memorial Park

The memorial remembers the HMAS Tingira, a boys training ship, moored in Rose Bay from 1912. A series of minimal interventions spatially integrate the memorial with the park. Scattered planting is removed to reveal an existing harbour view framed by 2 existing Casaurina stands at the waters edge. A low wall defines the ceremonial space.

Client Woollara Council
Scale
Year 2006
Scope Design, DA, Documentation
Team MWA with JILA, + Deuce
Location Rosebay NSW
Photography Richard Powers
  •